How to Sell on Amazon Canada

HOW TO SELL ON AMAZON CANADA Are you Canadian and ready to sell on Amazon Canada? If so, read on. And by the end of this post, if you follow the steps you’ll be ready to start selling on Amazon. Most importantly, you should register from the Canadian side. Canadian Amazon sellers pay only $29.99 CAD/month for a professional account. By contrast, US sellers have to pay $39.99 USD/month ($53 CAD approx.). As a result, you save money just for being Canadian. Not bad, eh? And the best part is, you get also access to sell on .com and even Mexico as well as Canada. Pretty sweet, right? How to register for an Amazon Seller Account from Canada

  1. First go to:

  2. Next, you’ll n need to select the type of account you want (don’t worry, you can upgrade later if you change your mind) Professional or Individual (best if you plan on selling under 20 items in a month)

  3. Provide Amazon with the requested information, and you’re almost set

  4. Be prepared: Amazon might ask for copies of a utility bill and a drivers license to verify you. Have those ready to take picture and upload.

  5. Now, wait for amazon to approve your account.

  6. Once approved, you can go out and find some stuff to sell (read my other articles for ideas on what to sell)

What do you need to register for an Amazon Seller account?

You need to be a resident of one of the countries accepted for registration (see the link in the references section). You need to have an address, valid phone number, and internationally chargeable credit card.

In addition, as part of the registration process, you may be asked to provide the following documentation:

For individual identification, government-issued photo ID (e.g., Permanent Resident card or passport). The document needs to show the following fields:

  • Name

  • Date of Birth

  • Expiry Date

  • Signature of the bearer (if applicable)

  • Country of issuance or country of citizenship

For business identification, you may be asked to provide confirmation of business identity. For example:

  • Business registration documents (certificate of incorporation, business license, etc.)

  • Proof of business address (mailed bank statements, utility bills, etc.)

What does it mean to be a resident for Amazon Seller registration purposes?

For Canadian Amazon Sellers that would be a permanent resident or a citizen status.

Can I use my Canadian bank account for registration?

Yes. But you